So many skin products incorporate coconut oil in their ingredients due to its amazing skincare benefits. Rumoured to be a remedy for eczema, clearing scars and stretch marks, so many remedies are attributed to coconut oil. Some of the benefits of hair apply to skins such as:
- Moisture retention keeping skin soft and supple, great for kissable lips too. Unlike petroleum-based moisturisers that create a barrier between the skin and the atmosphere. Coconut oil passes into the epidermis (top layer of skin) and retains moisturise from within.
- Deep moisturisation of skin as it seeps deep into pores, so leaves skin feeling softer, for longer. Perfect for anyone who has dry skin, or to rejuvenate skin once makeup has been removed.
- Lower cost than the majority of good quality skin creams or emollients. This makes coconut oil relatively accessible to most people, and given the variety of uses such as hair care and cooking, coconut oil provides excellent vallue for money.
- Fights Eczema and Acne because it is rich in Lauric acid (a fat found in breast milk) which has Antibacterial and antifungal properties can help keep skin healthy. Coconut Oil also has soothing properties so perfect for itching or irritated skin. Apply it to the affected areas as required and let this wonder oil get to work.
- Cuts through grease so great for removing makeup or grime from the skin.
- Promotes collagen production which boosts anti-ageing and skin repair.